Two Months, she waits.
Things have been far from easy. Shocker! Man, honestly, I’d like to give y’all a formal apology for the dismal, anxiety-ridden, pained posts I’ve been putting up. You deserve better if you’re coming all the way to this little corner of the internet.
So here we are, we’re getting ready to go back to the trail in one week. ONE WEEK! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD. After helping friends and watching the little baby sister graduate and drinking and laughing and crying, Lil Wayne is making her way back to the trail. Back to Virginia. Back to the lifestyle that made life worth living.
There’s lots of things I miss so much. There’s so many little stories, so many little things! So many BIG things! But there are a few things that really stick out and I’ve got to say, I am EXTRA pumped about these things:
- Brushing my teeth with a view, not a mirror. This was by far my favorite part of every morning. It’s so cool to be looking at the mountains, at the sun rising, instead of yourself as you brush your teeth.
- Waking up with the sun. Nature’s alarm clock. It feels so good to be on an early-morning schedule. I adore mornings, and there’s nothing better than a good sunrise.
- Mad exercise. I’m feeling so out of shape again. AT’S GOTTA KICK MY BUTT INTO GEAR!
- Climbing mountains, because I’ve seem to have forgotten that at the top of a mountain is a beautiful view.
- The friends! Old and new, god I’m so excited to get back into the community.
In just one week, I get it all back. All the struggles, all the rain, all the heat, all the bugs and bears, all the nights spent on cold ground, all the trees, all the rocks, all the laughs.
This hiatus has taught me a lot about the importance of focus. I’m honestly not incredibly sure how to put it all into words…
But I guess it’s pretty easy to see how insane a lack of focus can make someone. I’ve been driven to crazy, frazzled places because I was breaking up my hike, because I was trying to be everywhere at once.
You just can’t make sure everyone is happy all the time.
Baby’s goin’ back!
I’m doin’ the whole thing. I’m going to thru-hike the AT.
And this time? I’m not going to let anything stop me.